We understand and respect the rights to your privacy, this is why we have dedicated policies and procedures to protect and maintain all personal information that you provide to the Children’s Hospital Foundation.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information that is necessary to carry out our fundraising appeals. Personal information held by us may include your name, address, any previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, donation details, and a supporter number. It is your choice whether you choose to provide all or some of this personal information – your choice may affect the way in which we communicate with you.
How do we collect personal information?
- Directly from you, when you provide us with information by phone, mail, web or email
- From third parties such as friends who have referred you to us
- From publicly available sources.
When visiting this website the Children’s Hospital Foundation site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- The user’s server address – this allows us to consider the visitors who use the site most, and tailor the site to their interests and needs;
- The user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc.) – this allows us to tailor browser or platform specific parts of the site to each operating system because browsers act differently on each platform;
- The user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc.) – this can allow us to tailor information relevant to different domains;
- The date and time of the visit to the site – this is important for identifying the website’s busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded – this indicates to us which pages or documents are most important to our users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- Duration of the visit – this indicates to us how interesting and informative our site is to our users;
- Geographic location – this shows us how well marketed our site is internationally;
- The site visited before the Children’s Hospital Foundation website – this helps us determine the interests of our users and which sites are providing links to ours as well as sites where we may be able to seek links;
Access to information collected
The Children’s Hospital Foundation will not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our Internet Service Provider’s logs.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal information may be used to:
- To thank you for your support
- To keep you informed of our work
- To inform you of our fundraising appeals
- To provide you with our supporter services
- At times, we may share your details (never credit card information) with like-minded organisations to contact you with information that may be of interest to you. In return, these organisations allow us to contact their supporters so that we can reach more generous people like you who may be inspired to work wonders for sick kids.
We will only record your email address if you send us a message. Your email address will only be used for the purpose , as outlined above, for which you have provided it and it will not be added to any other mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
Disclosure of personal information
In using your personal information for the above purposes, we may need to disclose it to outside organisations such as:
- Our financial institutions
- Our mailing house
- To reduce overhead costs we may disclose your information to other organisations located outside Australia to produce printed or electronic communications. Whilst it is not practicable to list every country in which these recipients are located, it is likely that the countries to which your information may be disclosed include China, Canada, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
- Our contracted service providers such as our telemarketing agency
- Other like-minded charities in accordance with the use statement above.
Opting out – it’s your choice
Should you decide you do not wish to receive communications from a third party, or from us, please contact our Privacy Officer to issue your request:
- Phone 1300 SICK KIDS (1300 7425 5437) during business hours
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to our Privacy Officer at PO Box 8009, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
Access to your personal information
Upon request, we can provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to do so, your request will need to be in writing for security reasons. If you have any privacy enquires or complaints, you should contact the Children’s Hospital Foundation’s Privacy Officer at email@example.com or in writing to Children’s Hospital Foundation, PO Box 8009, Woolloongabba QLD 4102.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take every care to protect the personal information we hold. This includes using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and site monitoring. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Information is only made available to employees or parties who need access to it in order to do their jobs. These employees are committed contractually to maintaining confidentiality.
This site contains links to other sites. The Children’s Hospital Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, and has no knowledge if cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked websites.
This website only uses session cookies and only during a search query of the website. Our Internet Service Provider has assured us that no cookies are employed on this website except for those associated with the search engine. The website statistics for this site are generated from the web logs as outlined above. Upon closing your browser the session cookie set by this website is destroyed and no personal information is maintained which might identify you should you visit our website at a later date. Cookies can be either “persistent” or “session” based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing website. Session cookies are short-lived, are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
Acceptance of terms
By using the Children’s Hospital Foundation website, you signify your assent to this Privacy Statement. If this Privacy Statement is updated, changes will be made on this page. Your continued use of the Children’s Hospital Foundation website following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement will mean you accept those changes.
Please contact this Office for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Children’s Hospital Foundation, PO Box 8009, Woolloongabba QLD 4102.